Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Everything's Fine by Cecilia Rabess

Everything's FineEverything's Fine by Cecilia Rabess
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found this very readable; finished it in a day. I'm a shade of grey person and could relate to both Josh and Jess. I became frustrated at how easily she reverted to an accusation of racism when she couldn't understand a perspective or became overwhelmed and frustrated with emotion. I completely understood her passion for activism and I was furious with how she was treated at her workplaces. There was also a scene where she discovered a clothing item that Josh brushed off and maybe in historical hindsight you could explain that away - but man, was I in Jess's camp in that scene. I felt that she had many assumptions about Josh going back to college that she never apologized for as she got to know him better and realized she was wrong.

I was rooting for them together, and still am.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment