Wednesday, March 3, 2021

"Girl A" by Abigail Dean

Girl AGirl A by Abigail Dean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was well done. It's a sobering topic and the story leans into it completely, so there aren't many moments of joy or humor to lift the reader. The reader is pulled back and forth through time -- into the "House of Horrors," and then the present or not-so-distant past. It works, though. The slow build to the worst days of their childhood kept me enthralled and the sections of the book dedicated the each sibling's story was a good way to tell it.

I did not see the twist coming and really, it didn't impact the story that much for me; it was a bit anticlimactic. Lex's relationship with her other sister was more interesting for me, and that had an ending that satisfied me quite a bit.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment