Tuesday, March 2, 2021

"That Summer" by Jennifer Weiner

That SummerThat Summer by Jennifer Weiner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've changed my mind.....now THIS is my favorite Jennifer Weiner book.

I devoured "That Summer" in a day. There is a nod to "Big Summer" in here, but it is a very different book and I feel like the author has entered new territory.

There are large, important topics tackled in this story about two Dianas - sexual assault (let's just call it what it is - rape), family dynamics, homosexuality, teenage angst and more. There is Diana A, or "Daisy" as her husband has renamed her; and Diana B, whose identity has also been taken away but in a very different way. Both Daisys' inner voices becomes louder throughout the book and by the end they are able to speak up for themselves, for teenaged daughters and for friends.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment