Friday, May 20, 2022

"Other Birds" by Sarah Addison Allen

Other BirdsOther Birds by Sarah Addison Allen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would like to live in a world imagined and written by Sarah Addison Allen. There's a little shimmer of the mystical and magical that offsets the ordinary and it is lovely.

In this new novel, we spent time with a cast of characters that are brought to the Dellawisp Condos by chance...or is it? Zoey inherits her condo from her mother who died long ago and who Zoey longs for a connection to. Charlotte found her way there while on the run from a traumatic childhood, and while fulfilling the wish list of an old friend. Lizbeth and Lucy didn't travel far to get there and are a few doors apart, but really a world apart from one another. Mac is looking for someone else to love besides his deceased and adored caretaker, but he doesn't really know that. Oliver has run away from the Dellawisp, looking for another place to belong.

Birds are special to me and they have a special place in this book too. From the beginning, I envied Zoey her Pigeon.

My only complaint about "Other Birds" is that it ended too soon. I look forward to the next book by SAA!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment