Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Ask Again, YesAsk Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you to Simon and Schuster for providing me with an Advanced Reader's Edition of this fabulous novel.

The adjective that keeps coming to mind when I think about how this book made me feel is "comfortable." I'm not 10% satisfied with that, but it is true that I settled in to these characters and this story and just felt...comfortable. That's not to say that sad things, terrible things and melancholy aren't scattered throughout the pages. But the pages are filled with B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L sentences, some I needed to read a few times because they were lovely.

I'm not great at giving a synopsis, so I'll just say that this is about two families and decades of life interwoven between them.

I really loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment