Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Daisy Jones & The SixDaisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am SO glad that I chose the audio format of this book. What an incredible job the cast of narrators did! This wasn't a bunch of people reading the book aloud -- it was truly a performance. The dialogue was emotional, it was conversational, it really sounded like the interview it was supposed to be.

This is the story of "Daisy Jones & The Six," a 1970's-era rock band. The interviews chronicle the band member's beginnings, early careers and how they came to be recording music together. It's also several love stories told in an compelling, emotional, heartbreaking and suspenseful way.

Rumor has it this will be a mini-series...as excited as I am for that, I can see these characters in my mind's eye and like them just that way. The only thing I want is a sequel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment