Sunday, February 24, 2019

"Never Have I Ever," by Joshilyn Jackson

Never Have I EverNever Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wish that I had a shelf full of unread Joshilyn Jackson novels. If I did, I would squirrel myself away for days and just read non-stop. She is in good company with a few other authors that just feel like home to me: Kate Morton, Diana Gabaldon, Marisa de los Santos, Barbara Kingsolver, Elin Hilderbrand, Ann Patchett, Michael Chabon, Kate DiCamillo.

This book feels like a shift from her other stories: edgier, dangerous. But still, GOOD.

Amy leads a comfortable, safe, vanilla life with a solid husband, children, neighbors that are friends, a hobby that's also a career. But she wasn't always this same Amy, and as her past meets her present, suddenly everything is at risk. Stories like this make me look at my surroundings with new eyes: who around me has secrets that I'd never ever guess?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment